The DENTAROID is a realistic dental patient simulator robot that enables students and dentists to practice in more realistic situations.
It is currently in use in Saudi Arabia, Turkmenistan, Thailand, and Japan.
The majority of accidents reported in the dental industry in Japan are during the dentist’s first year of practice after graduation.
The DENTAROID was developed to allow students to gather experience in a more realistic environment where they can learn from making mistakes in a safe setting on the DENTAROID, hopefully reducing the number of mistakes when they move onto human patients.
If you are interested in learning more about our Dentaroid or you are interested in purchasing one, please contact us or NISSIN our worldwide distributor for the DENTAROID (excluding Japan and Saudi Arabia)
HOW IT WORKS
The DENTAROID is operated using a touch panel in the control box and compressed air is used to move the components of the robot.
The DENTAROID has:
- Movable parts (head, mouth, eyes, eyelids, tongue, arm)
- Speech recognition system
- A pulse
- Pain and gag sensors
- Programmable setting
WHY USE DENTAROID?
The three main advantages of using the DENTAROID in universities are as follows:
- The DENTAROID can be used for more realistic practice of basic techniques.
- Unlike when using mannequins, you can learn how to cope with unexpected movements, such as shaking or moving the head, during regular treatments.
- Using the DENTAROID, students can learn how to handle procedural accidents during treatment, like allergic reactions that can occur during anesthesia.
- The DENTAROID has already been introduced into Showa University and Fukuoka University as well as at several dental schools around the world.
In the past three and a half years, since the introduction of the DENTAROID, there have been no problems or breakdowns apart from those caused by incorrect use.
Past： Mannequin ⇒ Clinical Practice
Future: Mannequin ⇒ DENTAROID ⇒ Clinical Practice
At present, most dental students move from mannequin practice straight into clinical practice on actual patients.
It is still early days but we believe that the introduction of more realistic practice on the DENTAROID before moving on to actual patients, will enable first-year dentists to provide better treatment. As a result, the number of accidents in the first year of practice will be reduced, and the number of patients receiving better treatment will increase.
|Max. consumable electric power||00[W]|
|Operational air pressure||0.5[MPa]|
|Operational temperature range||0～50[℃]|
|Storage temperature range||-5～60[℃]|
|Storage humidity range||45～85[RH]|
|Operational altitude range||0～2,000[m]|
|Dust/Waterproof level (IP code)||IP20|
|Dust/Waterproof level (IP code)||7[W]|
|Size of power unit (W×H×D)||W600×D506×H1450[㎜]|
|Weight of power unit||70 [kg]|
|Length of robot||1600[㎜]|
|Weight of robot||40[㎏]|